Learn to swim: Dolphin swimming school takes water safety very seriously! Our water safety program is designed to teach one swimmer per teacher. This ensures that we can focus on the swimmer’s specific need and personality! Reaching your goal…WATER SAFETY faster.
Our team teaches basic water safety skills such as getting familiar with the environment and the dangers that water holds and following general rules; reacting to instructions; climbing in and out of a pool with assistance and floating on back etc. Refer to our achievement levels for more details Click Here. Each swimmer will also receive a chart to follow their progress.
Tadpole Classes: Now you can participate with your child in the water. From ages 6 months to 36 months. These sessions are to help with the transition period to swim with its teacher alone. Sessions will develop comfort in the water, teach water entry, bubble blowing, floating, kicking, underwater exploration and general water safety while parents learn how to give their child a positive experience in the water. (Only in the mornings)
Ezanda Moulder and her team specialize in training swimmers to be fit and ready for school galas. We also specialize in stroke correction for swimmers that want to improve their time and techniques. Training sessions and guidance for Triathletes and Ironman swimmers.
Adult learn to swim: You are never too young or too old to master the skills of swimming. With trained instructors we can help you achieve your goals, is it just to enjoy recreational activities with friends and family or swim in the next Midmar. We follow specially designed levels for adult swimming to make sure you can follow your progress with the personal reports.
Airhostess crash courses: We know swimming is one of the requirements to become an air hostess. We will help you with the techniques and skills that will be part of your test. We will also provide you with a competent report after completion of your sessions.
H2O Fit classes: These classes are designed to cater for the client that are looking for more of a challenge. We combine swimming with resistance training adding equipment to improve strength and fitness. Small classes ensure that your needs are met in our H2Ofit sessions (Water “boot camp”)
Aqua exercise: Resistance/strengthening classes aimed at improving tone, strength and mobility. The main advantage of exercising in water is that it offers resistance in all directions, compared to land exercises where you work only against gravity. Because of the cushioning effect that water provides, this form of exercise is particularly beneficial to anyone at risk from bodily stress, including the elderly, overweight, or those recovering from soft tissue injury. It’s also particularly good for pregnant women and is an ideal post-natal exercise
Aqua and H2O fit benefits include:
- Increased aerobic endurance
- Greater flexibility
- Increased muscle tone
- High calorie burning during and after a workout.
- Renews your energy level as it releases your stress and tension.
- Privacy of the water: if you hate the idea of jumping around a room full of people in tight gym clothes, exercising under water is a great alternative.
- Exercising in water requires you to support only 50% of your body weight, making exercises easier to perform.
- You don’t need any special equipment, although there is a variety of equipment available for increasing variety, fitness and helping with floatation if required.
- Water’s buoyancy lowers the risk of stress-related injuries that some land exercises have
- The water’s resistance against your movements results in a higher workout intensity compared to land exercises.
- A massaging effect is created when your muscles are surrounded by water.
- With indoor pools, it’s a great year-round activity; although in the hotter months it’s one of the best ways to get a total body workout without overheating.
- You’ll come out of the water looking fresher and smelling nicer than many other exercise classes: no sweat, and no wet hair!
Hydrotherapy is ideal for people recovering from muscle and joint pain, injury or operation, and beginning the early steps of a rehabilitation program. Hydrotherapy is basically “Water Therapy” where the buoyancy, resistance and warmth of the water are all used in a positive manner to maximize the physical and mental benefits to the participant.
An exercise program in the aquatic environment can provide benefits not found in other areas and can advance individuals to their next level of fitness and mobility sooner.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can begin anytime. Your fees will be worked out pro-rata for the remainder of a term.
Most people have a concentration level of 15min. Therefor 20min is an effective amount of time to learn. As an adult, you are easily able to swim 1km in 20min and therefore as a beginner, it is a big challenge to swim longer than 20min continuously.
To the best swim school ever! Thank you so much! Astrid & Edith
Thank you for all the years of great swimming and coaching. All of you meant a lot to Wian and Mienke. They learnt more than just how to swim at your school. Thank for that! Appreciate it, Suzanne Erasmus.